A message from our Founder
Wow, where has the time gone. This year we turn 18! Eighteen. Never would I have imagined that at the start. In those days, my goal was to take over the lighting world and make significant changes to how, why, and what we light. To a degree, we have achieved much of what we set out to do with our input into regulations, standards, and city lighting strategies. But lighting world domination is still on our list.
I won’t pretend it’s been easy (like most, we have seen ups and downs), but I am proud to say we are a SUCCESS. We don’t do that often enough, shout about our achievements and congratulate ourselves.
I’ve been told that if you survive more than seven years, you are officially a successful business.
So, I can proudly say we have made it.
A big thank you to all our supporters, clients, and partners. It is truly the greatest gift to have a career that you love even after 30+ years, and who we work with plays a big part in that.
Here’s to another 18 years (or so!).
In the meantime, a bit of fun, here are my 18 reasons why I love what I do:
- Work NEVER feels like a chore
- I have a brilliant team
- We get to work with some amazing clients and are lucky to have a high level of repeat business
- We have had the pleasure of lighting some unique places/spaces
- We still find joy in every one of the projects we win
- Lighting is such a fast-paced technology – we still get to learn something new most days
- We get to help and teach others, sharing our wealth of experience through our training workshops and lecturing work with universities
- We get to leave behind legacies – which will be around for years to come – like the lighting scheme for Stag Sphere, which is one of our greatest achievements
- We make a difference to health and wellbeing through better lighting
- Our Lighting Impact Assessment work often takes us to SSSI (Sites of Special Scientific Interest) areas and AONB’s (Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty)
- We get to influence standards and legislations
- We set our goals and standards high
- We affect how, why, and what we light
- We get to work with people from all walks of life
- We get to design lighting schemes for awesome company’s and building’s like Google’s £1 billion Central St Giles
- We STILL get excited playing with new technology and equipment
- The work we do feels us with pride and passion
- I’m still working towards my very first goal: to take over the world of lighting